Nov 13, 2013

More Works in Progress

Hello! Thank you for stopping by. I have been working on just one project this week. Mainly because this block contains quite a few pieces and  I would not want to lose any. This block is called the Lone Star of Paradise.The pattern is from Little Miss Shabby blog

I am using Vintage Modern, Scrumptious,and Marmalade all by Bonnie and Camille.
 This block requires a lot of HST's and as I sew each one I resew the corner and have another  HST to save for later. My daughter was trimming the dog ears off them for me and decided to lay them out on my design wall. Now I am sure she will decide something different before she decides to sew them up.
I just love the versatility of HST's they can be laid out in many different ways.
 I am linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced. Please hop over and check out what other quilters are making.
Thank you for stopping by.
Amy


Pin It

15 comments:

Debbie said...

Especially love your Lone Star - it's looking fabulous!

~Diana said...

I love the Lone Star too! I'm going through what I call my red/aqua phase...just made a log cabin for my daughter out of 'em. Thanks for sharing!
www.sewcraftychick.blogspot.com

Catherine said...

I share your fascinating with HSTs - endless fun:-) Your quilt is going to be gorgeous and I love your daughter's layout of the leftovers.

Kim @ TiesThatBindQuilting said...

It is so fun how many different layouts you can make with HSTs! I've got a totally HST quilt top that I just finished that looks completely different from either of yours.

Kim @ TiesThatBindQuilting

OPQuilt said...

Beautiful quilt, and I also love the good use of the leftover triangles. I took some time to read through a few more of your blog posts, and added you to my bloglovin' roll--I had such an enjoyable time reading!

Elizabeth E.
opquilt.com

Lindsey said...

This is going to look stunning when it's all done! Love your fabric choices, they are really fresh and fun. Can't wait to see it finished. :)

Sabrina said...

This looks wonderful! I especially love what you have done with the "scrap" HSTs!

Hilary said...

I love your Lone Star!

Kristin said...

HST are great and your Lone Star of Paradise blocks are also great! Beautiful fabric choice as well.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

I love the Lone Star of Paradise blocks, you have chosen beautiful colours too.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I appreciate you input.

:)

audrey said...

Your blocks are perfect! The fabric looks so great! While I seriously hate trimming HSTs, I absolutely love how wonderful they are. I keep going back to them, even when I say I'm totally sick of them and no more! :) I do like the design your daughter is working with. Both quilts will be awesome! :)

Elizabeth said...

WOW! You are doing cool stuff over here. Glad to see it.

Carla said...

Great looking blocks Amy. I love HST too ( once they are all squared up)

Shannon @ Modern Tradition Quilts said...

Very beautiful quilts!

stitch quilt knit said...

I absolutely love your Lone Star of Paradise quilt!I nearly bought Scrumptious but I went with Happy Go Lucky. Bonnie and Camille's fabrics are just delicious :)