Oct 9, 2013

Quilts for Charity

In the last week I have been working on a few quilts to donate to our local Ronald McDonald house.
I Have fallen in love with the large churndash block. This one is for a boy using the 18" block



I have also started a patchwork star. I really love the visual impact.
My  new cat has taken her place as fabric and quilt inspector.Although she was asleep on the job.
My daughter has decided on her quilt design, she picked HST's UGH me... but at least she is cutting,marking and trimming dog ears for me.


 Shhhh. she is really concentrating on that 4 7/8 mark. Now if she can figure out how she wants to lay them out.

And lastly, a picture of my sewing angel. that way I never sew alone.
She has been staying real close to my Kona card, I think she really likes solids.
I am linking up with freshlypieced. hop on over and see the other beautiful projects in various stages.
Thank you for stopping by. 

Pin It

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Great churn dash! And I love the grays and little bit of pink in that hst block your daughter is laying out!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

I love new kitties. We have two that are just about to turn 1 year old and they are settling nicely into my studio. HST aren't all bad. They make so many terrific designs. Enjoy the time with your daughter.

Unknown said...

Love your large scrappy pink star. What a fabulous idea for using up scraps. It has been added to my "must do" list.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see how your DD lays out her quilt. Great looking stuff!